Got bass?


My trusty Sony MDR EX 51 (pic)

It's been almost one week since I bought the Creative EP-630 to replace my current Sony MDR-51 which is in a pretty bad condition. By a pretty bad condition, I mean it went through the washing machine once and it's still functioning (!) aside from the wires that look like it's been eaten by rats... which I read, is common among that model. so much for paying above RM 100 for it...
But back to the good stuff. I got hold of a pair for only 59, half the price of the sony! On the first day I used the in ear (IEM), I could tell that the reviews about it are true; it's heavy on the bass but weak in the mids and the highs just rolls off... Then again maybe the IEM should be given the benefit of doubt and true enough, just after of 2 days of intense burning in, the bass just doubled in its strength!! Too bad the burn in didn't do much for the mids and highs but hey, this baby can move air and I do mean move it. The bass is that strong and with the right bass notes, it'll even turn your brain into mush... scary

0 comments: