On the 9th day of CNY...

According to a folklore, many moons ago, hokkiens in Fujian province sought refuge in a sugar cane plantation when they were attacked during the Sung Dynasty. They emerged unharmed nine days later and offered sugar cane to the Jade Emperor God as thanksgiving. (Source: The Star) Further information can be found from Wikipedia .

As for me, I took it as an opportunity to practice capturing fireworks. They're notoriously difficult to capture; requiring both patience, timing and a little bit of luck. My first try was a failed attempt. This time however, I had a slightly more preparation and lady luck was on my side.

Determined capture that magical shot, I feverishly jabbed my pointy fingers at the remote release cable which on hindsight wasn't the smartest thing to do. All I did was increase the shutter count further. By how much? Lets say I went berserk and took over 100 photos in the span of 30 minutes. Fast and furious eh?

The keeper rate was a measly ~15% which serves me right. In my haste in capturing the moment, I forgot rule no 1; compose before you expose. Still the haul that night didn't turn out too bad if I might say so myself. :D

Went mad in photoshop with these two...

IMG_0223 copy
Radioactive green.

IMG_0222 copy
Red frenzy.

And the fireworks sans photoshop:

IMG_0315 copy

IMG_0312 copy


0 comments: